Monday, April 30, 2007

photo evidence

Here is my passport with my temporary residency permit for Sweden.



Isn't it grand? Isn't it cool? Isn't it phat?

I left Studio Six at about 6:30 this morning to drop the car off at the airport. I like Enterprise's service at Heathrow. Dropped of my suitcase at luggage storage at the airport. X-rayed just in case it contains a you-know-what. Express train in to Paddington station, tube to Marlybone station, and a short walk to the embassy. Checked in and waited no more than 10 minutes. Looked like most others were there for a Schengen visa to visit Sweden. There was a new mother going back to Sweden who needed her daughter's photo taken. I was called up. The woman behind the glass printed out the sticker, but it was too dark. She took another picture, printed it again, and poof .. too legit to quit.

At that point it was about 10:15. I walked around and over to Baker St. underground because of the Jethro Tull song. (Apparantly Ian Anderson once lived at 34 George Street, which is nearby.) Had forgotten that Sherlock Holmes was supposed to have lived nearby. There's a statue for him at where the address would be. Madame Tussaud's is nearby and was very popular, given the lines to get in.

It was a gorgeous spring day so I walked over to Hyde Park (Marble Gate corner) and had a lay-down in the late morning sun. Bought a book for the road, er, flight, and went on back to the airport. Picked up luggage, checked in. Small detour as they wanted to verify that I was who I was in person; problems of using a US credit card at a UK call center when I got the ticket. Through security. I had gotten a week of internet connection time with "The Cloud", and it's still active, hence the ability to write this.

Line is called for the gate. Going to Amsterdam and then to Göteborg. W00t!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woot! Gratz! Safe travels, see you on the other side.