Sunday, February 03, 2008

Drömde på svenska

It finally happened. I dreamed in Swedish. I was back in Santa Fe (no surprises about that topic as I'm making preparations to be back there for two weeks in March) talking to someone I know there. She had a few friends visiting, and one was looking at a plan book or calendar. So I asked whose birthday was coming up - in Swedish. Because of course everyone knows Swedish. And she replied in Swedish, as did someone else there. We had a bit of conversation before I remembered that this was Santa Fe and the odds of meeting that many Swedish speakers was pretty small. So I woke up.

Though maybe I'll stand in the Plaza with a sign asking "pratar du svenska?" and see who responds "jag kan svenska." Anyone who knows me is disqualified. :)

No comments: