Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving not being a Swedish tradition, there was no holiday here. After class I was looking for a place to eat for lunch. I went to an Indian restaurant but it was crowded so I walked down Linnégatan and spied a Subway. Imagine that. I had seen plenty of McDs but had forgotten about the Subway. I went in. It smelled like a Subway. I decided to get a sub for lunch and was looking at the sandwiches when an item jumped out at me. Kalkon. Turkey. Not really that common in Sweden, it being an American bird and all.

Yes, I had a turkey sandwich for Thanksgiving. I went whole hog and got the 12"er too. To top it off, "southwest" sauce. Double-whammy!

Okay, it's not even a shadow of what I would have rather had - dinner with Rachel and Criag's - but it's what I could manage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pie, there was pie. And Michelle brought fudge. Really good fudge. As usual the gravy was inconsistant, the wine copious and the turkey more than large enough despite prior protestations to the contrary. The boys are all getting bigger and you were much missed.

-C