Friday, June 02, 2006

Roxanne

I had a good time at tango tonight. It was supposed to be the last of the season but there will be one more next week before they break for summer. It will start at 8pm and it's a potluck.

Saw 8 or so people I remembered from last fall, and a few more recognized me. My favorite dance was with Eva-Lena, a friend of Inger's. We danced some at the start of the night. She's learning to lead so I followed some as well. Towards the end we danced a bit more, altenative waltzes. There was the call for the last few dances so we kept on. There was a good connection between us. The penultimate song was Roxanne. I think it was the version for Moulin Rogue. Very cool, very powerful, very dramatic with mood changes from powerful, whirling to quiet stillness. The sort of music that I really enjoy dancing to and interpreting. It went well, and ended exactly on the final note with a nearly flawless deep dip. I like dips.

No comments: